Music Loves #1: DNCE, Selena Gomez and Lana Del Ray!

By 21:57



Note:
I apologize I haven't been posting lately, I haven't been feeling the best in health and I've been low on inspiration. I'll try to upload often to make up for it! Now back to the post!
******
 
Welcome to my first playlist! I love music a lot and what better way to share my evolving music taste than a playlist? If you know me already, I'm really into EDM but I'm slowly trying new styles, so I'm hoping through this tag I can be inspired to try out new things and record my journey through out. So here we go!
 
Playlist
  • Revival- Selena Gomez
  • In The Night- The Weeknd
  • Cool for the Summer (Cahill Remix)- Demi Lovato
  • Pay My Rent- DNCE
  • PYD- Justin Bieber feat R.Kelly
  • Cake by the Ocean- DNCE
  • Coco (Hit Impulse Remix)- Ed Sheeran
  • Show Me Love- Sam Feldt (ft Kimberly Anne)
  • I'll Show You- Justin Bieber
  • I Know What You Did Last Summer- Shawn Mendes feat Camila Cabello
  • High by the Beach- Lana Del Ray
  • Sweatpants- Childish Gambino feat. Problem
  • 2 On (Tokimonsta Remix)- Tinashe
  • Steal My Attention- Tokimonsta
  • Keep on Lying (Tokimonsta Remix)- Jessie Ware
  • Problem- Natalia Kills
  • Me and My Girls- Selena Gomez
  • Hands To Myself- Selena Gomez
  • Music To Watch Boys To- Lana Del Ray
  • Company- Justin Bieber
  • The Feeling- Justin Bieber feat. Halsey
  • Beat Connection (Odesza Remix)- Saola
  • Player- Tinashe feat. Chris Brown
  • Often- The Weeknd
  • III. Telegraph Ave- Childish Gambino
  • Romanticise (Gold Fields Remix)- Chela
  • Night Changes- One Direction
  • Valentine (Paul Dateh Remix)- Kina Grannis
  • Perfect- One Direction
Notable Favourites
  • Bieber's recent album 'Purpose' was pleasantly surprising. I liked a few of his songs from the album (Company, The Feeling, I'll Show You) but I have to admit there is something from the album that didn't match up to his previously less promoted and understated album 'Journals'. People can beg to differ, but I missed the relaxed slow tempo of 'Journals' with songs such as PYD, Heart Breaker, Bad Day etc. really accentuating his soothing voice and the mellow beats were a great plus. His collaboration with Skrillex was an excellent choice, bringing back those catchy beats, with the only difference being that the beats (especially "Sorry", "I'll Show You" and "Where Are U Now") were much livelier than its predecessor album. Both "The Feeling" and "I'll Show You" were co-produced by Skrillex and Company was co-produced by Axident, famous for co producing Jason Derulo's groovy track "Wiggle". ("Company" really bought me back to 'Journals'.)
  • Selena Gomez's 'Revival' was also a really amazing album. Honestly I loved all of her songs, but my favourites were definitely "Hands To Myself", 'Revival' and 'Me and My Girls'. Her voice range was definitely narrower than other singers and even Gomez herself admitted she wasn't the best singer, but I am still glad she found a style she was comfortable with and this was definitely present here. Accentuating her sensual latina voice in heart breaking ballads or mature tracks, Selena really outdid herself and I just adore the embracement of her low calm voice in an advantageous way.
  • Childish Gambino was an artist I never saw coming. I did like his previous song "Sober" which had a quirky yet groovy vibe to it and when I checked out his music video I was blown away. I'm not going to spoil it, but the way he displays his songs are really creative and incredibly artistic, leaving the audience to ponder what the video meant. Inspired by this music video, I checked out some more and really liked "III. Telegraph Ave" and "Sweatpants". Both had incredibly interesting music videos and both songs were delightful. "III. Telegraph Ave" had such an emotional story and calming beats that it was hard to skip. "Sweatpants" was much faster but had a very calm, pleasant ending (He also killed it in his rap with Problem). Overall I really like Childish Gambino, his lyrics and his artistic vision.
  • The Weeknd was also one of my favourite artists. I'm trying to listen to his old tracks from when he was quote 'Underground' in the music industry, but without him appearing on mainstream media, I would have never discovered him. The content of his music is depressingly explicit with his style being numb, psychedelic, extremely seductive and strangely thrilling. His voice is truly 'orgasmic' (agreed by his fans and I included) and definitely deserved to win his AMA. The vibe of his music is something I can relate to sometimes especially when I'm feeling angsty haha. Without forgetting, his latest album 'Beauty Behind The Madness' is so on point! Others I have to mention from his album are 'Cant Feel My Face', 'The Hills' (of course) and 'Worth It'.
  
And that's it! Hope you like my choices! What is your favourite song so far?
xoxo HML
 
 
    

You Might Also Like

0 comments