Favourite Pieces: Ariana Grande for Lipsy London SS 2016

By 17:19

 

I don't know about you, but I've never heard about Lipsy London before, so this review is based of no prior knowledge of the brand.
However, I've been seeing these adorable pieces overflowing my 'Explore' tab on Instagram, so I had to check out Ariana's collection! A quick scan through the pieces evokes femininity, youth, 90's inspired, pretty pastels and lovely laces- so if you're into this style you're in for a treat! Ok, let's get into my personal standout pieces from AG's Spring/Summer collaboration with Lipsy London.

Ariana Grande For Lipsy Floral Frill Hem Skater Dress
 These florals win me over time- not too vintage and cutesy by boasting it's minimalistic silhouette and print but still giving those floral fresh spring vibes.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Back Crop Top & Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Mini Skirt
 
 
This outfit deserved a back photo, the lace back is so unique! It's a basic silhouette letting the lace do the talking.

Ariana Grande For Lipsy Floral Bandeau Prom Dress
 I love the bandeau shape, it compliments the colourful floral prints while not overdoing the femininity and keeping it clean and simple.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Daisy Lace Playsuit
 The eyelet feature is too good! Loving the bow belt to define the waist while adding that Ariana touch.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Sweetheart Bardot Crop Top & Ariana Grande For Lipsy Stripe Prom Skirt
 Ariana slays again, with her sweetheart Bardot top ringing 50's yet still modernised. Her midi skirt is amazing too, stripes make it a definite classic staple for the wardrobe!
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Co- Ord Crop Top & Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Co- Ord Skirt
Ariana must have adored this print, because its in two outfits! What do you love better? I initially loved the shift dress, but the Co-Ord outfit stole my heart at the end- it compliments my inverted triangle (which looks like a rectangle tbh) shape and emphasizes my waist.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Shift Dress

Ariana Grande For Lipsy Rose Print Layered Skater Dress
 I was slightly hesitant on wearing these floral prints, as they looked too feminine and vintage for my taste. However, the more I looked at this piece, the more I found myself liking it. It's layered structure and 'slip dress' like imitation made me appreciate this dress in a new light. I loved how it has a contrast of vintage and modern elements.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Bandage Prom Dress
 Stepping away from the 'cutesy' style, this dress had me thinking if it belonged in my faves due to its mauve pastel shade. I'm still unsure about the piece, but there is something I simply adore- is it her pose?? Regardless, the definition on the waist thanks to the bandage top and flowy skirt is always a positive.
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Bralet Top & Ariana Grande For Lipsy Stripe Mini Skater Skirt
 I can never say no to a bralet, especially when I meet one unique like this one, I love how it overlays and has a cool edge on the hem! The skirt was a no brainer for me, gotta love the stripes and pleats!
Ariana Grande For Lipsy Lace Top Skater Dress

 
Yes, I had no idea this was a one piece. The top is definitely eye catching, I'm a sucker for interesting lace tops- and this is a fantastic example! It is very adorable I have to admit, and despite me gradually moving on from the 'cutesy' style, the halter like neckline and criss-cross back is perfection.
 
And that is my top picks from AG's  Lipsy London SS 2016 Collection! This is Ariana's first venture into designing and I must admit- I'm definitely impressed with her feminine yet clean style. I'd love to see what she's got for her winter/autumnal collection 2016/2017 (fingers crossed she's continuing to design, don't take my word for it), I'd love to see more of her famous sexier black lace pieces (aka her SNL outfit and more).
 
Will you check out her collection?
xxx HML


You Might Also Like

0 comments